Sunday, October 17, 2010

ohho..nearing the end of the year

This blog looks dead, so might as well I post something.

I missed PMR the other day. I didn't realize it was October, but I'm sure that they did their best.

Next up's SPM. Hope to get an update on your results next year. (If there are any updates at all).

It has been an eventful year for Faris, I'm sure of, but less controversial I suppose. So far that I've heard, the prefects made their maiden international excursion toBeijing. The Jap students got a visit from a Jap school. co-curricular activities just get better don't they? The most stark difference is the rise of new buildings on the school grounds and the extensive "jailing" structures.

Oh, you'll get that SBT status alright. Don't fret. Finance is ALWAYS distributed FAIRLY in the Malaysian Education system, don't you think so? It is rare that I berkias(and by saying this, I am making it more obvious that I am, which defeats the purpose of berkias which is supposed to be subtle), but in this case, it seems like a delightful thing to do. (come to think of it, had I not posted the sentence in the first parentheses, ISA wouldn't have a reason to convict me).

English debate, the East HKSBP had their first (this is a Yoda structured sentence, apparently). Golf looks a hell lot better compared to my time. Corporate day as well. looks a hell lot more proper, so I didn't actually fight for it in vain.

when oh when else can I cause political stir? Faris was such a fun place to do so. I am like so bored in Taylor's everything is so properly managed, I have no reason to well, rebel.

why the hell am I posting this anyway?

well, this blog seems dead anyway. But I'm sure many will agree, school is the best time to be rebellious.

the thing is, I didn't see anything wrong skipping class during my school days, I openly admit that I do it quite often, despite being a prefect. (yaw boo sucks to me. but I don't feel that I did anything wrong).

here, in college, you won't get sent to the principal's office for skipping class, but yet, you still feel guilty skipping. so, it's not that fun being rebellious. almost all rebellious people i know have all become so berjurus in college. seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i simply love reading this blog.i'm also a farisian.being able to know what exactly happened in faris nowadays was something good.hopefully,i would be able to get back to this school one day to meet all my friend and the teachers.credits to all the teachers and its staff for everything that they had done for this school along the years.even we are yet to be like those elite schools like sas,mckk etc,we always producing excellent result in various fields which we have encountered.i'm so proud to see smstmfp today.i overheard that the school are in the process to add more buildings now...hope everything is done smoothly...no more delaying processes happened like my old days due to inadequate of money...btw.i've also heard many news about you...being among the top 10 student in m'sia was something big...keep up the good job.life would be a little hard when you are at university...no more spoon fed like what we had during secondary days and competitions were quite stiff.whatever happened...always do your best...give your best shot in everything you do...
sorry if my words sounded like i'm babling or something...it's just an
expression of what i truly felt...

bye2....oh...one more,do not stop updating any news about faris...

Nana said...

dear anonymous,

indeed, there are many things to be proud of about our school now.

there are a few times we've outdone many of those supposedly "elite" schools, it's just that it never was really highlighted. We won overall best SBP in 2008. Yet, people still look to those "elite" schools.

I personally don't think there should be segragation of SBPs into "elite" and "non-elite" categories. We are all elite in our own special way.

What I notice about "elite" schools is that they are very proud of their school. They publicly claim that they are the products of their respective schools. This attitude may come across as "arrogance" to some people, but it is this attitude that actually helped them shine. Most of us when we are stillin Faris, we tend to have a low self-esteem of ourselves, and only after a few decades when we'd start missing the school days did the "school spirit" emerged. Back in my school days, being proud of Faris was so not cool, because we'd view Faris as a "prison".

I think those "elite" schools will forever be "elite", not to say that we are not able to outdo them, we surely can, but it seems to me that the "elite" status has become a status quo for those schools, as they have always been favored in every single administrative decision. You can obviously see the same exact schools being awarded the Cluster School status and SBTs and the large amount of financial budget. We are tad bit lucky to get Cluster School status, owing to Wan Hamzah. So, being an "elite" school is not worth the chase, actually. It is better to be successful and remain humble.

About the top ten SPM students, from what I know, we had Fatimah Zahra in 2006 being one of the top five in Malaysia.

Regarding school updates, it all depends on the newer generation in Faris Petra. They don't seem to update anything this year, and I think we should have a continuous blog successor system or something for this blog writers. I myself have become an ex-student of Faris, so I will not be as updated about the school, and you may expect seeing less updates about the school from me.

Anyway, thank you for coming by once a while to read this blog. Greatly appreciate it. :)